Saturday 7th April Drum Manor Forest Park NI CS1
Parking will be in the main Drum Manor Forest car park. Please note that a pay and display charging system per car will operate.
Registration will operate from 11:00am.
The Junior Kitchen will be in attendance selling good food and rasing money for the Junior Orienteering squad. Soup, toasties and CAKE! Please give your support.
Courses Close at 3.00pm.
Start and Finish are both adjacent to the parking/registration.
- Juniors £5 (NIOA members £4)
- OAP/ Unwaged £8.00 (NIOA members £6)
- Seniors £10.00 (NIOA members £8)
- Family £25 (NIOA members £20)
All courses will run on a updated version of the previous 1:7,500 map. The Brown course will split into two halves (one on each side of the map) to maximise clarity for competitors.
This will be the first NI Colour Series event to feature the new colour course options. The Long Orange course has been removed and replaced with a new Short Green course. This course will be of the same technical difficulty as the Green course but shorter.
|Distance (km)||Climb (m)||Controls|
* Owning to the large number of controls – the use of Sport Ident 5 e-cards on the Brown course is not recommend. Higher capacity SI Cards are available to borrow for any Brown runner who needs one.
There are good toilet facilities associated with the Forest Park car park
Drum Manor is a small forest but one with great diversity with terrain ranging from very mature conifer plantation, mixed deciduous woodland and a complex arboretum grid. There is also an extensive path network giving good options for the shorter less technical courses. Runnability will be generally very good owing to the maturity of the area and seasonal vegetation (bracken etc.) being at a minimum. Following from this areas marked with “vegetation slow run” are generally runnable while “vegetation walk” areas are often closer to slow run.
The courses have been planned to BOF long O standards. With the Brown the distance has been achieved by breaking the course into two sections printed on opposite sides on the map for maximum clarity.
Finally while the area will be familiar to many, the planning aims to provide a fresh twist wherever possible!
- Parents should be aware there are two lakes adjacent to the car parking and supervise their children accordingly.
- This is a busy forest park so there will be traffic coming and going all day and members of the general public in the competition area.
Organiser: Rachel Reid
Planner: Charlie Reid
Controller: Helen Baxter
Date(s) - 7th Apr 2018
11:00 - 15:00